Music, life, Experiences, Reflections

fredag, januari 22, 2010

Bizarro bazar

Okay heyho! I'm starting to get a little accustomed to the life here in Mexico. At least a little bit. As I suspected the school is quite tough atleast if you're slacking,, if you keep up with your small little assignments you have almost every day ur fine. This Tuesday I had three hour long lesson about how to use the schools mixer table and an introduction to Pro Tools (on Mac). Oh and it was all in spanish =_= luckily I had a nice meximerican friend who helped me through, but it was a long time ago since I concentrated so much and understood so little. I drooled a bit because of the fine recording capabilities though, I will put my mittens on it soon :p. Oh and speaking of computers, I still haven't learned that @ is not at (:p) the tangent 2 but on the Q here, which annoys me everytime.. and of course that Mac OS is such an asshole to me :3

Last Thursday I got sick and was in a zombie-state til Monday which sadly ruined my planned trip to the town Puebla. Hopefully I'll get there someday. Anyways.. I got a little taste of the liberal medication system hear where you can go to practically any supermarket and get pretty heavy shit,, luckily I stayed to the lighter cough medicine since I of course drank something I only was supposed to gargle. My throat became awesome again, but my stomach took a hit later on :/ I'm good know though, just so you know :)

I've also traveled by bus two times now. The first time it went horribly wrong and I ended up somewhere in Xochimilco, luckily taxis are darn cheap (26 pesos for a rather long ride). And the other one was earlier today which went just fine. Apparently there is no real system to the bus traffic. There are numbers but no one knows where you can find what the different lines route are. 

Behind a black door, close to the school, I ate great Mexican food for a very cheap price. Apparently they escape some tax if they don't advertise that they serve food on the outside. Anyways. It was a three piece meal (lins soup, rice, enchiladas + meat) and a little candy as dessert. Great! But a comment on the candy which is usually tamarind and chili in some variation which is a chock of sweet/sour.. some combinations are great, others from the depths of hell. 

More food talk. I  can say that I disapprove of the frequent use of tomato juice, inte okej! The  Tomato/beer combination especially. I've also eaten some great burritos which are really massive, even the small once (20cm). The largest one you could order was 2m long!!!! Eating it by your self will get you in some kind hall of fame on u'll get free burritos for the rest of your life. If someone succed they certainly deserves it.

I've tried my first wrestling mask and I'm superpsyched to get one for myself and of course one for Hannes and watch a real Lucha Libre match. And on the merch topic, I've just come home from a huuge market where the piracy flows and every one lives in unity eh.. well actually I visited just before it closed so I only got a glimps of it.. but gosh there was a lot of cheap crap that I could have thrown sickly amounts of money on. A lot of music merch, records and lim edition packs, games for most consoles you can think of, chip cards, anime merch, plushies of mario, yoshi & company, plane models, shoes, freaky jewelry, solo cigarettes and aztec (?!) soul cleansing. And I only saw a little glimpse of it all. I should get a restraining order for that place. Sadly they have NTSC here and my search for a guitar is still going on ..

And I've finally tried the Mexican McDonalds which didn't let me down (it was of course cheeseburgers I ate ), except for the fact that they don't have any pepper for me to put in my ketchup >:( I wrote a little complaint note for that. Oh and you get the McFlurrys non flurried, well the candy thingies aren't mixed n mashed atleast.. And the cheeseburgers came in yellow paper.

I'll probably never cease to get amazed by the little things here, and that's awesome :) Stay tuned and true and away from the toughest street in town, Acoxpa. Now I'll listen to my newfound musical darlings Television while I anguish about Saturday when I might be forced to dance salsa. Ciao!

1 Comments:

Anonymous @collentine said...

salsa is fun:) And I'm jealous of all the good food you seem to be eating...

12:23 em

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home